Sixth Class - Ms. Melvin
Work to be Completed During School Closure:
30th March- 3rd April
Please take some time to complete the following:
1. Spellbound - week 27
2. Fuaimeanna agus Focail - week 27
3. My Read at Home - week 27
4. Novel - Focusing on chapters 1-8,
Complete one or more of the following 3 activities
Write a summary of the story so far
Draw a picture to depict a scene, e.g. Tom's house and garden, a room in Tom's house, Zach's bedroom
Write about one of the characters - Tom, Willie or Zach
- Think of some adjectives to describe your character, find examples in the story to back this up. Has this character changed (physically, mentally and/or emotionally) from the first chapters?
5. Free Writing - Continue documenting your experience of your time off in a diary entry style (daily or every second day)
6. Brainteasers - complete question 3 of tests 1 to 25.
7. Tables Champion - move on to the next week.
8. Gaeilge- Watch some shows as Gaeilge on https://www.cula4.com/en/, TG4
9. Project- Continue working on your WW2 project.
Include titles such as:
How it began (events leading up to WW2)
Countries/Leaders in WW2
Children in WW2
Role of Women
Events, e.g. Pearl Harbour, Stalingrad, D-Day
Results of the War
10. Art- Create a sea creature from plastic. Further details on this whole-school art project appear on our school website resource page.
11. PE- P.E With Joe - Joe Wicks 'The Body Coach' is currently hosting daily workouts for kids of all ages. Check out his website and stay active!
12. Religion- Sunday Mass live stream from St. Mary's Pro Cathedral is available at 9.30am and 6.00pm. www.dublindiocese.ie
Websites to visit for project work -
As discussed, your project may be presented in a style most suited to yourself - scrapbook, diary form, poster or otherwise - Be creative!
www.topmarks.co.uk - Hit the Button for tables practise (Try beating your own time)
https://www.Khanacademy.org is also a useful website for revising topics in maths.
Check out the activities to do during the school closure page for further links- Activities page
Wishing you all well this week, and over Easter,
Wishing you all well,
P.E. days are on Fridays. The children should wear their tracksuits on this day.
Irish dancing takes place every Thursday. The children should leave their dancing shoes (plimsolls) in school if possible, to ensure they are not forgotten. Please label shoes clearly.
Recorder takes place every Wednesday. The children should ensure they have their recorders and books packed every day as they will need to practise with their class teacher also.