Third Class - Ms. Nolan
Work to be Completed During School Closure
30th March-3rd April
Hello Third Class!
I hope that you and your families are all well. I know that you are all enjoying lots of family time at home and I hope you are busy helping out around the house.
This week I want to wish a Happy Birthday to both Saoirse and Daisy. I hope you have lovely celebrations with your families.
Here are some things to keep working on at home:
Spellbound: Week 26
Fuaimeanna agus Focail: Aonad 24
Number Facts: Multiply and Divide by 1 and 0 (pgs. 54-55). Begin preparing multiples of 7. Try writing out the tables, and then make up some simple word problems? For example: "One apple costs 7 cent. How much will 10 apples cost?"
My Read at Home and Léigh sa Bhaile: Continue to complete one page per weekday as often as possible.
Gaeilge: Continue to revise all questions, dramas and sounds in your Leabhar Notaí.
Book Report: Read and complete a book report on another book of choice (copy the headings from the template you used before).
Keep a daily journal: Write a short account of your daily activities and news from your home.
P.E.- GoNoodle, Cosmic Yoga and the Joe Wicks P.E videos on YouTube are all a great way of staying active at this time. Keep trying them daily.
SESE Project: Britain (Research only)
Begin gathering together lots of research. You can use books, encyclopedias, newspapers, the internet and anything else you can find at home to inform your project.
Please use the following headings to help-
- Geography (Mountains, rivers, capital city, etc.)
- History (Any information about British History)
- Monarchy (Who is the current monarch? Who are the members of the Royal Family? Who was Henry the Eighth or Queen Victoria?)
- Sport (What sports are popular? Any that originated in Britain? When did they host The Olympics?)
- Politics / Current Affairs (Who is the current Prime Minister? What was Brexit? What is Westminster?)
- Famous People (Notable writers, actors, singers, performers).
Please checkout the activities to do during school closure page for further links- Activities page
I hope to see you all very soon,
P.E. days are on Mondays. The children should wear their tracksuits on this day.
Irish dancing takes place every Thursday. The children should leave their dancing shoes (plimsolls) in school if possible, to ensure they are not forgotten. Please label shoes clearly.